Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Finally Back!

Hey everyone! I can't believe its been so long since my last post! Well I'm just gonna say I am so happy to be back posting again! I think this is the busiest summer we have had in a long time, and now that the kids are back in school I feel like I finally have some time to myself again.

First, I am going to give you a grade/age update for all of the kids! Adrian is 17 and just started her senior year of high school! I can't believe she is almost in college! Braylie is 13, and in 8th grade. So crazy that I will have two girls graduating this year! Gage is 9 and in 4th grade. Jamie is 6 and in 1st grade. He is finally in grade school! Emery and Nolan are of course not in school year, but they are 16 months old!

It's great that the high school, middle school, and elementary school all run on the same schedule pretty much, so the kids will have the same days off and stuff! Their first day was yesterday, August 24th. I know its pretty early, but they get out of school usually the last week of May/first week of June! So they have the same amount of summer vacation. Adrian starts school at 7:45, so she usually drives herself to school! Middle school starts at 8:30, so she gets the bus at 7:55. Luckily we live pretty close to the school! Elementary school starts at 8:45, and Gage and Jamie get the bus at 8:05. This is Jamie's first year riding the bus! He was a little nervous, but it helps that his big brother is with him! :) It's so nice that all the kids ride the bus now so I don't have to drive them to school! Last year it was tough getting Jamie to school because I had to get Emery and Nolan ready just to take them on a short car ride. All the kids also ride the bus home from school. Adrian gets home around 3, Braylie around 3:30, and Gage and Jamie also around 3:30.

I still have only been working. I want to take time with my kids while they are still little, because they are only young once! My hours haven't changed over the summer, they are still 7am-3pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays! This week is actually our last week with our current babysitter, Alli! She graduated college last December with an Elementary Ed. degree, but had trouble finding a job since it was the middle of the school year. We want her to stay with us, but it is understandable that she wants a "real" job! She starts Monday, so we have been on the hunt for a new babysitter! My friend Julie has a daughter who is recently married, and only works part time. Her name is Katie, and thankfully she has agreed to watch Emery and Nolan for me! She has experience with kids and is willing to help me out!

Hope you guys enjoyed this update, stay tuned for my next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment