Thursday, July 31, 2014

At the Beach!

Hey everyone, we are finally at the beach! First, here's a quick update on me.
Saturday and Sunday were hard days for me, I was still in so much pain and was feeling absolutely miserable. Monday I woke up feeling much better, and once I switched to a different pain medication I was able to get up and walk around! Around 2pm I was released from the hospital and was on bed rest for 24 hours. Tuesday I woke up feeling good, and started walking around normally around dinner time! I had spent the day cuddling with Emery and Nolan while in bed. Since I wasn't packed at all and wasn't ready to leave, we postponed our flight until Wednesday night. Tuesday night I packed and woke up Wednesday feeling almost 100%! I spent the day cleaning, because the house was a disaster! I was gone/on best rest for almost a week! I vacuumed, dusted, did laundry, dishes, and cleaned the little kids rooms. I was intent on returning home to a clean house! I always feel so much better when getting back from vacation to a clean home.

We arrived in Ocean City, Maryland around 11pm. The kids were all asleep, of course, so I surprised them in the morning! Today, Thursday, Jeff let me sleep in, since I was still worn out from surgery. Then, the kids and I spent the morning on the beach and ate a packed lunch on the blanket! I packed ham and cheese for Gage and Braylie, and turkey, lettuce, tomato, and cheese for Jamie, Adrian, Jeff, and myself. I also packed fruit, chips, and some oreos for dessert! While on the beach, Jamie is terrified of the water, because of his past experience in the pool. (See earlier post) He just makes sand castles next to the blanket! Gage and Braylie absolutely love the water! They spent almost the whole morning in it, even though it was freezing cold! Jeff and I take turns sitting by the water and watching them. Jeff sometimes goes in with them, but not for long! Emery and Nolan are in their carriers on the blanket, in the shade of course! They do fine with the beach, I try to head out around nap time so they sleep through it! They aren't at the age that they can sit in the sand, because they can't sit up on their own yet. Overall, our family absolutely loves the beach and we always have so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment