Sunday, July 13, 2014

Where We've Been

Hey everyone, long time no post! Things have been absolutely crazy around here, I haven't had much free time at all. I last talked to you guys on June 29th. That week was crazy! Adrian worked every day so I was taking her to a from her job 24/7. Gage and Braylie were involved in a Christian camp which was everyday 9-4. It's sports related, and they both have so much fun! I, on the other hand, was at home with the twins and Jamie. Emery came down with the flu, which scared me. I hate when my babies are sick because their immune systems are still so fragile! My friend Carly was over most of the time helping out with Nolan and Jamie, because Emery needed all of my attention. She wouldn't stop crying and fussing and wouldn't let me set her down. It was a tough few days, but by Thursday July 3rd I was sure that she was okay!

July 4th we had a party at my cousin Christine's house. They have a pool so all of the kids brought their swimsuits and had a blast swimming. Nolan had a poop blowout so I took him inside. I hollered to my friend Jules to watch Jamie, because he was the only one still swimming. When I came back out, Julie was nowhere to be found, and neither was Jamie, until I saw him in the pool, not moving. I was absolutely terrified, practically dropped Nolan and jumped in the pool, clothes and all. By then Jeff had heard the commotion and he ran out, and seeing what was happening, called 911. Luckily, Jamie had only been underwater for about 15 seconds. His intertube he was lounging in had popped and he went under. Jamie woke up as Jeff was whacking his back. He couldn't stop coughing because he had breathed so much water. The ambulence arrived after a few minutes and I rode with Jamie to the hospital. He was breathing on his own, but he had a lot of fluid in his lungs so at the hospital they had to pump it out. He stayed at the hospital until Monday morning, just because they wanted to be completely sure that nothing was wrong. Luckily, he is completely fine! I am so relieved and it was such a scare that no mother should ever have to go through. Oh, and apparently when I called to Julie, I thought she heard me but she didn't and went inside.

Our original plans were to leave for the beach with Jeff's side of the family on July 5th. Obviously, I couldn't go because of Jamie. So, Jeff's parents took the kids on the 5th, and Jeff and I stayed home with Jamie, Emery, and Nolan. We ended up going down Wednesday, so Jamie could still be at the beach! Only now Jamie is absolutely terrified of the water and wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Thankfully, the next two weeks we don't have much going on. The kids will just be at home with me, and we are relaxing until our next trip down to the beach, July 26th, this time to Ocean City, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment