Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sleeping Schedule

Hey everyone, a lot of you have been commenting asking about how the babies are doing, sleep wise! I am so happy to say that I have good news! I nurse Emery to sleep every night, but Nolan just goes right down after eating! I feed him before bed, but he doesn't fall asleep while breastfeeding like Emery does. Around 10 they go down for the night. Emery usually wakes up around 4am to nurse, but Nolan just started to sleep through the night! I feel so lucky that they sleep so well at only 2 months old. With all of my other kids I was up 5 times throughout the night until at least they were 6 months old. I am so thankful that I am getting almost 7 hours of sleep every night when I have 6 kids! I credit everything to having them on a solid schedule. They have naps during the day, but I don't just let them sleep all day like some newborns. Of course, if they are tired I won't force them to stay awake, but I try my best that they sleep during naps mostly! Since they don't sleep all day, I feel like they are more tired at night and don't need to wake up to nurse. It has happened twice that they both have slept through the night, but most commonly Emery wakes up once to nurse. That first time I kind of freaked out, thinking something happened because they hadn't cried at all! I was so scared that they had suffocated or something equally horrible. I was so surprised and relieved to finally realize that I had babies that were sleeping through the night!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear Em and Nolan are doing well and on a schedule! I'm still working on that with Kendall and Bethany!

    ReplyDelete