Hey everyone, I know I'm a little late but I promised you I would tell you about Adrian's 16th birthday! Her birthday was May 28. We had her family party Sunday, June 1st. My siblings, my parents, and Jeff's in-laws were able to come! It was so much fun! We started out with swimming in our pool, and then had cake/ice cream and opened presents! Adrian mostly got gift cards/small things because she's at the age where she, of course, doesn't want toys and appreciates cash/gift cards more. Adrian said she had a lot of fun at this, but she had even more fun with her friends! Adrian had a slumber party June 6-June 7. Her and her friends went to see the Fault in Our Stars, and loved it! I thought it was a great movie, too. Then, they just did slumber party things! I decorated the house with streamers and sweet 16 party decorations, and they did each others nails and stayed up all night long! Saturday we went out to lunch at Pasta Heaven, her favorite restaurant! Adrian's friends are Ally, Elysa, Jackie, and Marissa. Even though I love hosting parties, it is very stressful, and I'm glad it's over!
This weekend, to kick off the start of summer, we went to the beach! The beach on the California coast is about an hour and a half away from us. Saturday morning we packed up the kids and headed off to the beach! We checked in at our hotel and immediately the kids begged to go on the beach. So, we got a packed up and dressed and went out onto the sand! I love the first time on the beach of the season, it just feels amazing. Gage, Braylie, and Jeff went into the deep waves for what seemed like forever, while I played with Jamie in the sand and Adrian laid out. Thankfully, Emery and Nolan slept for most of the afternoon in the shade of the umbrella! After the beach, we went out to dinner at Super Salad, and after eating we went swimming. Our hotel has a swimming pool, and the kids love to swim! Sunday morning we went out to the beach bright and early, and stayed out for a lunch on the beach. After lunch we showered and checked out of our hotel and headed home. Even though our vacation was spontaneous and quick, it was still a ton of fun! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment