Saturday, July 26, 2014

In the Hospital

Hey everyone, I've had a pretty awful week! It all started Monday, when I was doing my daily running, I felt so lightheaded and dizzy. By Monday night, I was feeling better so I thought it was just that I didn't eat/drink enough! Tuesday morning I woke up with severe pain in my stomach. I dealt with it all day, but around 6pm when Jeff got home I passed out from the pain. I woke up in the ambulence, getting driven to the ER. Once I got there, they examined me and told me that I had appendicitis! Apparently, fainting is a symptom. I was in surgery for a few hours, and then I was given medication to get some rest. I woke up Wednesday around noon, and Jeff was with me. My friend Julia was watching all of the kids. I am so thankful to have her around!

I had a big scar on my stomach, and was in so much pain. I took pain medication, but since I'm breastfeeding I couldn't take much. My doctor even gave me the option of an epidural (they're not just used when in labor) but I couldn't because I didn't want to stop breastfeeding. I pumped while in the hospital, and I pump daily so there was plenty of milk for the twins in the freezer! Friday I was still in a lot of pain. My doctor said that it was normal because I was still recovering from having twins and that my body wasn't in the best of shape. She told me I needed to stop exercising every day because it was taking a toll on my body and wasn't a good idea anymore. Even though I was still in pain, my doctor said nothing serious was wrong and I just needed bed rest for a few days. I was sent home last night, just in time to see the kids again before they went to sleep! They all visited me in the hospital but I missed them so much.

Today was supposed to be the day we were going to leave for the beach. It keeps happening, things that stop us from going to the beach! Our flight was scheduled for 10:00am this morning. Since I was on bed rest until Monday at the earliest, my dad took Jeff, Braylie, Gage, and Jamie with him. They ended up flying out at 4am, and Jeff just called me and said that they are at the beach house now, settled in! Adrian wasn't planning on flying out until Tuesday night, because she couldn't get off work Monday and Tuesday. So, Emery, Nolan, Adrian, my mom, and I are going to fly out to the beach Tuesday night, once I am feeling better! I thank all of you for your prayers for us the past few weeks. I promise to blog more, once things get back to normal! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This must have been so painful and scary! I'm glad you're doing better and that everything is working out well. I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete