In this post, I have taken frequently asked questions from the comments to answer. I get so many questions daily, and it's impossible to reply to them all. So, I thought it would be a good idea to do a Q and A!
Q. What car do you have?
A. I have a Volvo SUV that seats 7. Nolan, and Emery are in the first row of seats, and then Jamie's carseat is in the back! Those are the kids that are usually always driving with me, so I have their carseats in my car! Since we do have a family of 8, we can't fit everyone in our car at once, but it's usually just me and the 6 kids during the day! Jeff has a Prius that seats 5, he also has a carseat in their for Jamie! Whenever we do long trips, we take both cars anyway, so it's not super crowded and the kids have more room!
Q. What are your kids favorite foods, and your families favorite meals to cook?
A. Adrian loves watermelon, green beans, and whales. Braylie loves goldfish and Ritz garlic butter crackers. Gage and Jamie both love strawberries and peaches. Gage also loves birthday cake Oreos, and Jamie loves orange freeze pops. He lives on them in the summertime! I have a meal plan every week, and go grocery shopping every weekend to buy all of the meals for that week. It's so much easier and more organized for our big family to have everything planned out and bought in bulk! We have cheesy chicken (chicken breast w/melted mozzarella cheese), pasta with spaghetti sauce or just plain with butter and salt, green beans, salad, and fruit at least once a week! It's hard to find a meal that everyone likes, and all of the kids love this meal so it's easy for me to make! We also like a rice casserole that I grew up having. It's rice and chicken cooked with a little cheddar cheese and pieces of broccoli mixed in! You barely taste the broccoli, so it's a good meal to get veggies into my picky eaters! Also, we love squash soup! We grow squash in our garden and I make it homemade and freeze it for the cold winter nights.
Q. What are your kids favorite colors?
A. Adrian's favorite color is green, Braylie's is pink, Gage's is blue, and Jamie's is green!
Q. What are your favorite vacation spots?
A. We absolutely love going to the beach! We go twice every summer, once with my family for a week and once with Jeff's family for a week. We usually go to Ocean City, NJ with Jeff's side and Ocean City, Maryland with my family. Also, my parents own a house in Maine! We love going to Maine, Jeff and I love the weather and the relaxing atmosphere! The kids love playing in the lake and going inner-tubing, and also having a lot of space to run and play! We go on walks in the woods, and it is so much fun! My parents live in Florida, and Jeff's brothers/sisters live in Seattle, so we also like to visit them! The kids especially love when we go to Disney in Florida!
Q. Do your kids play any sports?
A. Yes! Adrian does cheerleading at her high school, and has been doing it forever! She loves dancing too, and cheerleading is a great way to use her dance skills and also her flexibility. She grew up doing gymnastics. Braylie plays soccer every summer. I had her play in 1st grade, and she absolutely hated it. Then, she started again in 4th grade, loved it, and has been playing ever since! Gage plays soccer, basketball, and baseball. He is always involved in a sport, but he loves it! Jamie is actually enrolled in a soccer camp next week, it will be his first time playing on a team! I'm pretty sure that he will like it, because he loves kicking the soccer ball around outside with Gage!
Q. How do you keep the house clean with so many kids?
A. Let me tell you, it's not easy! When I first had Adrian, I was obsessed with keeping the house spotless. It would stress me out and then I wouldn't be able to enjoy any kind of creative activities because I thought it would make a mess. Since then I have lightened up, but I still love to clean! I actually have a cleaning routine that I do, and it really helps. There are things I do every day, such as laundry, doing the dishes, wiping the counters, sweeping the floors, cleaning up toys, exc. But, I clean the bathrooms every Monday, clean the kids bathrooms on Tuesdays, exc. The key to keeping a house clean is do bits every day and not leave everything to one day. I have learned to balance out what is really necessary and what isn't. Such as, it isn't necessary to keep the playroom spotless. I originally cleaned the playroom every night and all the toys in their specific bins, but now I realize that that is not necessary because they will rip it apart a few hours later! I mostly focus on the kitchen, because with so many kids we have so many dishes and they pile up in the sink so quickly! Also, I sweep the floors multiple times a day in the dining room, because little children mean messes! Whenever we have guests, I do clean the house more than I normally would, because I love hosting people and like the excuse to clean!
That is all the questions I am doing for today, leave more questions below and stay tuned for Part 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment