Hey everyone, here is the second part to my Q and A!
Q: How do you keep all of your kids entertained?
A: It definitely is hard, with 6 kids, to make sure all of them are entertained. But the truth is, they need to learn that they can't be doing something every minute of every day! It is good to just relax and have quiet time and just do nothing. Every afternoon while Jamie naps Gage and Braylie have quiet time in their rooms. It's great for me because I get to relax and get some work done, but it's also healthy for them to have some relaxing time to just read a book or play quietly alone! Having time alone is good for children to learn how to entertain themselves, because other people can't entertain them 24/7. But, I do have a lot of activities for the kids! I play games with them, our family is very big with board games. The kids love playing games with Jeff and I! Also, since we have a pool, during the summer they can basically go into the pool whenever they want. The rule that we have is that they can't swim unless Jeff, Adrian, or I is out there with him. Even though Gage and Braylie can swim, there are accidents and we are extremely cautious! It's also just fun to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie as a family. Our favorite movies are Aladdin, 101 Dalmations, and Toy Story 3!
Q: How many rooms does your house have?
A: We currently live in a 5 bedroom house. Jeff and I have a master bedroom, and the twins are currently sleeping with us. Last update on them I told you that they were basically sleeping through the night, but I think I jinxed it because the past few nights have been hard, they each have been waking up 2-3 times! Adrian has her own bedroom, Gage and Jamie share a bedroom, Braylie has her own room, and then we have a guest bedroom! I plan on keeping the twins in our room for a little while longer, because it's just easiest for me. Eventually I plan to turn the guest bedroom into a nursery, I will make a post on how that is going! We have a big living, a kitchen with a dining room attatched, a playroom, and an office. Jeff and I share the office because he does a lot of work from home, and I work completely from home! Jeff is a real estate agent and has so much paperwork that he can do at home when I need help. Currently I am happy with our home arrangements, obviously when the kids get older we will most likely have to move, or add on to our current house, because the kids will need their own bedrooms. But, I'm happy with how things are!
Q: Why did you start blogging?
A: I wanted to start blogging because I had heard about a lot of people doing it and thought it would be a fun hobby, since I love writing, and a place to document my kids lives! I was not expecting for it to become my job, but I am so thankful that it has been! I was planning on going back to work this fall because we need the money, but now I can stay at home with my kids! It is absolutely a dream come true, to make movie doing something as simple as writing a blog, and something I love doing! It's not all fun, because I constantly have emails to reply to and work to do, but overall I love it and wouldn't want to do anything different! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment