Now that we've been back from Seattle for a few days and our summer at home has begun, I thought I'd let you all know our daily summer routine! Now, all days are different but this is just an average day for us in the summer :)
6:00am- I wake up and go for my morning run! Since I've been cleared to exercise by my doctor a few weeks ago, I have been working hard to get my pre-babies belly back.
7:00am- I make breakfast for myself and get some work done on my computer before the kids get up.
8:00am- Emery and Nolan wake up at 8am 99% of the time. So, I feed them and then they lay in their swings in the kitchen while I make breakfast.
8:30am- Jamie usually wakes up around 8:30! I feel so lucky to have a 4 year old that loves to sleep. He gets a full 12 hours of sleep every night! So, I get Jamie breakfast and usually soon after Gage and Braylie come down stairs and I get them breakfast.
9:30am- All of the kids but Adrian are up and done with breakfast. Usually, I clean the kitchen and start some laundry during this time. Jamie watches his cartoons every morning, and Gage watches with him. Braylie loves entertaining the twins, which is so helpful to me!
10:30am- Adrian wakes up and gets herself breakfast. Around this time Emery and Nolan are hungry again so I feed them and put them down for their early morning nap.
12pm- After a morning of playing with the kids, I get them lunch. Then, Adrian reads to Jamie. Jamie only wants Adrian to read to him and put him down for his nap! He usually is asleep by 12:30 and sleeps until 3.
1pm- The babies are up for their morning nap and I feed them. During the summer Jeff has an early morning shift 4am-12am. He communicates with people from other countries in his part of the office and has to go with their time zone. He is usually home by 1 and stays at the house while Jamie is napping! I drive Adrian to work, this summer she is working at a local clothing store from 1-6 weekdays.
2pm- Once I'm back home, I take the dogs on a walk with Gage and Braylie! They love walking the dogs, and Jeff enjoys having alone time with Emery and Nolan.
3pm- I come home to feed the twins and I play with them until their nap around 4. I usually just spend time with Jamie when he wakes up, because sometimes I feel like he doesn't get enough attention.
5pm- I begin preparing dinner while Jeff heads off to pick up Adrian from work. The babies are in their swings in the kitchen with me and the kids are playing in the playroom or watching TV.
6pm- Jeff is home with Adrian and we all have dinner as a family together. It's really important for me to have dinner together as much as possible, because I think it's a great way to bond as a family.
6:30pm- After dinner, it is chore time for the kids! I have a list of chores for each of the kids, and usually after dinner they help out. If you would like a post on chores, leave a comment below! During this time I feed the babies (again). Sometimes I feel like all I do is breastfeed!
7:30pm- We all spend time as a family together until the kids go to bed. Sometimes we play board games, watch a movie, or do a craft.
8:30pm- Bath time for Jamie! Either Jeff, Adrian, or I give Jamie a bath and read to him and put him down by 9. Gage and Braylie take their showers and then go up to bed around 9:30.
10:00pm- The babies get their last feeding for the night and I put them down. Update on their sleeping schedule coming soon! Also, Jeff goes to bed because he has to get up early.
10:30pm- Adrian goes back to her room.
11:30pm- I go back to my room, tired from the long day.
I also struggle with spending equal amounts of time with my kids! I feel like Connor sometimes gets lost in the mix, which is hard on me. I would love a chore post! My kids have a chore chart they follow! Looking forward to the sleeping schedule! I miss you and your family! Maybe you guys could all come over for a weekend? The kids have been wanting to "camp" in our backyard!
ReplyDeleteI would love to do that, it would be a lot of fun! I know my kids would enjoy it :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Next weekend, won't work, what about a weekday? Or even tomorrow into Monday?
ReplyDeleteTomorrow sounds great! We don't have any plans next week and I was looking for something fun to do with the kids so they don't get too bored!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Wow, even I'm excited! This will be so fun! Just bring sleeping bags, pillows, bathing suits, toiletries and clothes for Monday! Come over tomorrow around 4:30PM, sleepover to Monday and leave around lunch? Does that work for you? We have plenty of food and tents to sleep in! The older ones may want to sleep inside! Who all will be coming? Everyone is welcome!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds great! I'll start packing ASAP! Could it be 5? Jeff's parents are coming for lunch until 4, and 4:30 would make me feel a little rushed! Everyone will be coming, except Jeff will not be able to sleep over because he can't miss work, he's already used up his vacation days for past/future vacations!
ReplyDeleteOk, 5PM it is! Glad Jeff can come for some of it! We're all so excited! :) This is why I love summer, fun, last minute decisions that will end up as great memories!
ReplyDeleteExactly! I love how summer can be last minute, it makes everything so much more exciting!
ReplyDelete