Hey everyone! So far, our week has been pretty good, except for a slight potty training mishap.
Jamie has been potty trained since 2 1/2, so I don't ever worry about him having accidents. He wears underwear all throughout the day, but he wears a pull-up during the night because he sometimes wets his bed. But, this week was crazy! It started Monday morning before I sent him to school. He was eating breakfast, and when I came back from getting dressed his pants were soaking wet. I asked him what happened, and he said he didn't feel like getting up to use the potty! I, of course, told him that's not the right thing to do and since he has a on big boy underwear he needs to use the potty. I thought he understood, until I got a call from his Pre-K telling me that he wet his pants! It was getting ridiculous.
Monday night I went in his room to check on him, and he was sitting on the floor, his pull-up off, with a puddle of pee around him! I got Jeff and Jeff cleaned it up and had a talk with him. Jeff said he was just talking to him about accidents and how they weren't a good thing and such, and apparently it worked! Jamie has not had an accident since. I just wanted to share this story to let you mom's out there struggling with potty accidents that you aren't alone, and even kids who have been potty trained for 2 years still have accidents! Also, I am planning to start getting rid of the pull-up during the night soon, so stay tuned for how that goes!
Everyone has been commenting on my beliefs on allowances and if so, how much my kids get a week. First of all, I do believe in allowances. I feel like getting a weekly allowance is a great way to teach kids how to handle money at a young age and to be smart with your spending. Each of the kids have a chore list that they must complete each week. We have a chart in the kitchen to help keep track! They are chores such as helping with laundry, setting or clearing the table, dusting, vacuuming, etc. Braylie, and Gage get 6 dollars a week, while Jamie gets 3. Adrian decided herself that she wanted to stop getting an allowance from me, just because she works now and doesn't really need it. I also require the kids to give 1/3 of their earnings per week to church. I would love to hear your input below! :)
Potty training is hard! Thankfully, things seem to be going better now, Katie! In my family, we don't do allowances. Ryan and I believe that the kids should just help out because they're a part of the family, not for money. We don't think they should get money for doing something that should be expected as a member of the household. But, everyone has different beliefs! I'm sure your system works well for you! :) Would you want to come over for a pool party one day? Ryan is on business this week and the kids last day of school was today. Let me know!
ReplyDeleteI understand! Of course, my kids don't just do the chores needed for their allowance, if I ask them to do something else they will do it without argument! :) I would love to come for a pool party! My kids last day is tomorrow
ReplyDeleteOk awesome, how about Friday at 11:30, for lunch, then swimming? Which kids do you think will come? Do they like pasta or sandwiches better?
ReplyDeletePerfect! They get out at 10:30 (half day) so that's great timing! I think they all will except for Braylie, because middle school has a full day! She will stop by around 2:45! oh and pasta
ReplyDeleteSounds good! I'm excited to see you and the kids!
ReplyDeleteSame here! :)
ReplyDelete