I know this is a little bit late, but Jamie's 5th birthday was July 14th! I can't believe that I forgot to mention it! Jamie loves his birthday, just like another other 5 year old. Since the 14th was a Monday, we had his birthday party the following Friday, the 18th! My family and part of Jeff's family were able to come, and it was a lot of fun! It was a Cars themed party, so I had cute cupcakes to go with the theme, and I made and decorated his cake, shaped like a car! He absolutely loved it and, of course, was so excited about all of the presents he got!
The next day, Saturday, Jamie had his friends over for a pool party! It was 4 boys and 3 girls from his nursery school last year. Jeff grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone, since the parents and siblings of the children were invited to stay! Adrian took Emery and Nolan over to my parents house for the afternoon/early evening, but Braylie and Gage stayed! It was so much fun, all of the kids loved the pool and I had a good time relaxing without worrying about the twins, talking to everyone! It was a blast.
The twins will be 14 weeks old today! I can't believe that they are already almost 4 months old! It feels like just yesterday, I was in Florida giving birth. Emery is doing amazing with breastfeeding, she is eating every 3 hours. She has also stopped nursing to sleep, which I am so glad because now Jeff can put her down if needed! Emery absolutely loves tummy time! She can hold her head up completely and is rocking side to side, and sometimes goes from her tummy almost to laying on her hip! I expect in the next few weeks she will roll over for the first time. Emery is still a mommy's baby. She doesn't like anyone else holding her but me and a few others. Nolan has been struggling lately with breastfeeding, he gets so distracted when he eats and doesn't eat as much as he should. I have been working on it, but if you have had the same problems with your baby please leave me tips below! He can also hold his head up, and is working on grabbing and holding on to objects. He has also recently learned to smile, and he always smiles when he sees Jeff, Gage, or myself! He absolutely adores Gage, whenever he is crying Gage can make him smile! Nolan also goes to sleep really well, which I am super happy about! He can sleep through anything, so I usually put him down first. Their sleeping schedule is going so well! There is a saying that every week of a baby's life until 12 weeks that they should sleep that many hours. (ex: 1 week=1 hour straight, 2 weeks=2 hours straight, exc.) By 6 weeks old they were sleeping 4 hours through the night, and they pretty much gradually increased until now, when Nolan sleeps completely through the night, and Emery wakes up to nurse once, occasionally twice! I put them both down 9pm, and Nolan usually wakes up around 8:30-9:30 in the morning, and Emery wakes up around 2-3am, eats, and then goes back down until 9! I am so glad that they are doing so well, and I am so thankful every day for them :)
Happy(late!) Birthday, Jamie!! Can't believe our twins are growing up so fast! Kendall hasn't been eating as much as Bethany and she lost a few ounces. A lactation consultant is coming Monday morning to our house and you could come and get some help too, if you want! My girls sleep 4 hours straight, if I'm lucky!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great idea! What time?
ReplyDelete10:30AM! You could come over earlier for coffee?
ReplyDeleteSure! 9:45?
ReplyDeleteSounds good! Can't wait!
ReplyDelete