Hey everyone, the twins are 1 month old! It is so crazy, considering I feel like they were just born.
Emery is doing amazing with eating lately! As you know, she wasn't a big eater, but this past week she has been really picking it up! She eats every 2 hours now (except during the night) and feeds for about 30 minutes every feeding! I'm really relieved, because she wasn't gaining much weight, if any, so I'm sure everything is okay now! She still doesn't like to sleep, I nurse her to sleep. Although lately she has been falling asleep in my arms when I rock her, so it's really nice not having to worry about nursing her to sleep, except when I put her down for the night! Emery loves tummy time, and can hold her head up when she is on her stomach! She can't hold her head up if I sit her up yet, though.
Nolan has still been eating well, he is quite a chunky boy! No worries about weight with him! He eats about every 3 hours (except during the night) and eats for about 40 minutes per feeding, sometimes more! Nolan can't hold his head up yet during tummy time, although he is so close! I'm predicting in the next week or so he will. He can sleep anytime, anywhere, and with anyone. He loves to sleep and eat!
Now on to their bedtime schedule/routine. It has slowly gotten easier for me to master this and I wanted to share it with all of you! If you didn't know, we have 2 co-sleepers attached to the bed because it is easier for me to just grab them and breast feed instead of going into their room. First, I bounce Nolan and he falls asleep within minutes. With Emery, I rock her in the rocking chair and nurse her. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get her down. This usually happens around 8:00. When they were first born, they woke up every 2 hours to feed. From about the time they were a week old, they woke up at the same times during the night, which was such a relief to me to tandem breast feed them because it is quicker and easier! In the beginning, I just fed them and when they were done put them right back down. I noticed that if I burp them first, they sleep much better, so that's what I have been doing! Ever since they were 4 weeks old, they have been waking up about every 4 hours! Last night, for example, I put them down at 8 and they woke up at 12, 4, and then 8 for the day! I am getting about 6 hours of sleep now, which I am so happy at! Usually I only need to change their diaper once during the night.
Yesterday the twins had their 1 month check up at the doctors! He said they were both doing fine and there was nothing to worry about. That made me so happy, becasuse a mom's worst nightmare is that you are doing something wrong and your baby isn't the healthiest he/she could be. I am so thankful that I have 2 happy, healthy babies :)
No comments:
Post a Comment