Hey everyone! The twins are almost 2 weeks old and we are finally getting back into the swing of things and not feeling totally overwhelmed 24/7. I decided to do a day in the life today, blogger style!
I was up at 12, 2, 4, and 6 throughout the night with the twins. They usually sleep 2 hours, I'm just glad they are on the same schedule so I can feed them both at the same time now! I got up at 6 and got myself breakfast and dressed/make up on for the day. At 6:30, Adrian came down and I made her breakfast and she was on the bus by 7. Jamie woke up at 7:15, which is sleeping in for him! I think he is still recovering from his sickness. I made him breakfast and dressed him, then he played in his room while I woke up Braylie and Gage at 7:30, and they both got ready. Gage was feeling good, and he was on his strep medication for almost 48 hours, so he was okay to go to school! Jeff woke up at 8 and gave the girls their bottles (breast milk of course) while I made breakfast for Gage and Braylie and helped them get ready! Jeff drove them to school at 8:15, while I put the girls in their bouncers and bounced them with my foot while I got work done on the computer. At 9, Jamie wanted me to play with him, so we played together until 10 when I had to feed the girls. Jamie loves watching them eat, he thinks its cool!
I made Jamie and myself lunch at noon, and after we ate I fed the girls again. It feels like my whole day is breast feeding, since the girls are still on a 2 hour schedule! At 1 I put Jamie down for his nap, and I spent time with the girls! They are usually asleep all morning, except when they are eating, but lately early afternoon they have been awake and alert! I have noticed that they are much more alert now than they were last week. We had some tummy time, and then at 2 they were getting hungry so I fed them and put them down. I did some more work on my computer and then cleaned/did the dishes until Adrian got home at 2:45. She got Jamie up from his nap at 3, and played with him while I kept cleaning. The house has become such a mess lately, because I am so occupied with the babies 24/7! I forgot how much attention a newborn needs, let alone twins! At 4 the other kids got home, and Adrian fed Emery her bottle and Jeff fed Nolan his bottle. It is so relaxing when someone else can feed the babies, because breast feeding is exhausting! But, of course, I do love breast feeding and wouldn't stop it for the world.
We had dinner at 6 and I fed/played with the babies while Jeff helped the kids with their homework. Then, Jeff played with Emery and Nolan while I gave Jamie his bath and put him down around 7. He was so tired, so he went to bed early tonight! At 8:30 Gage went down, and Braylie went up to her room around 9:15. Emery is sleeping on me while Jeff cleans with Nolan strapped to his chest. I have just been working, I feel like all I do is breast feed, work, clean, and change diapers! It is my life now, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Overall, today was a pretty good day! I had a fun time spending quality time with Jamie, since he doesn't have school Thursdays. I can't believe that Emery and Nolan will be 2 weeks old tomorrow! Time flies by so fast with babies, and I am cherishing every moment I have with them, because I know in the blink of an eye they will be all grown up.
No comments:
Post a Comment