Hey everyone, I have been getting requests to talk about having babies and if it was hard for me. The truth is that it was very hard for me to get pregnant, and then keep the baby!
I had Adrian when I was 23. Jeff and I got married at 19, and since he had a lot of money we wanted to have kids right away. I got a job, and we started trying 4 months after we got married. It took us 8 months to get a positive pregnancy result, and we were so happy! We were both 20 and thought it was perfect timing to have a baby. Sadly, 13 weeks in at my ultrasound we saw that my baby had no heartbeat. We were devastated! I couldn't believe that I lost my poor baby. After I was recovered physically and emotionally, we were trying again. I made TTC videos on Youtube, documenting this time of my life. We spent a year trying to get pregnant, and nothing was happening. We made a visit with a fertility clinic and found out that I have a lower amount of eggs than normal and that I wasn't infertile, but having a baby would be tricky. He thought it was almost a miracle that I had become pregnant before!
With the news in hand, we tried harder than ever before. A year later, still nothing. We decided to do artificial insemination because we were both 22 and desperately wanted kids! 9 months later Adrian was born, a happy and healthy baby girl! We were thrilled and definitely wanted more kids. When Adrian was 18 months we begin trying, thinking it would take a while. So my surprise, I became pregnant within 2 months! Sadly, we lost the baby at 9 weeks. I became pregnant a year later, and had a successful pregnancy and had baby Braylie! We obviously wanted more kids, and in a 3 year period I had 6 miscarriages. Apparently my doctor had been wrong, that we could conceive, just not keep the baby. Finally, we had baby Gage and we were so happy! After losing 8 pregnancies, I was absolutely devastated and couldn't handle another.
Even though we had troubles, Jeff and I still wanted more kids! Our dream was 6 kids. When Gage was 2, we began trying to conceive and this time it took us a year to become pregnant and we were successful in having a baby boy, Jamie! When Jamie was 2 we decided to have another baby, and I became pregnant right away. At our 12 week ultrasound, we discovered triplets! We were so happy and couldn't believe it. Only a couple weeks later we lost all 3 of the babies due to an unkown reason. I was completely devastated, I didn't even want more kids if I would have to go through all of this pain and loss to get them. I had lost 11 babies in a 13 year period. Jeff convinced me to keep trying, and I'm so glad that I did! 6 months later I became pregnant and had Emery and Nolan.
If any of you can relate to my story, please comment! My doctor is unable to identify my mixture of infertility and miscarriage rate. I would love to relate to another women just like me! :)
I just remembered to comment on this post! But, Ryan and I did have a lot of difficulty trying to have children. It was a very hard time for us and I have never really shared about it. Thank you for being so open.
ReplyDelete