Hey everyone, we have had a fun but busy weekend and I thought I'd share it with all of you! Friday night Adrian was sleeping over at a friends house, and so was Braylie. My brother in law wanted all the boy cousins at his house for the night, and Gage and Jamie went with them. So, Jeff and I had the house to ourselves with Emery and Nolan! It was a lot of fun, we just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company since we rarely have alone time since the babies were born. Obviously, we didn't do anything to serious since I just had babies ;) Gotta wait till the 6 week mark for that!
Saturday we spent time with my parent, who are visiting from Florida! I haven't seen them in about 2 weeks so I am so happy to be able to spend time with them. We went out to each with them Saturday night, and then they took the kids and Jeff to church Sunday while I stayed home with Emery and Nolan. Sunday afternoon we had my brother over, and the kids had a good time playing while us adults just caught up with each other! My parents are staying until Wednesday, and I'm sure we'll have more good times together until then.
Now on to Emery and Nolan! They are doing amazing, considering that they are only 2 1/2 weeks old! This past weekend, their sleeping schedule changed for the better. Instead of waking up every 2 hours, now it is every 3! I think it is because I try not to let them sleep all day long, because then of course they aren't tired in the evenings. I have been so happy and much more awake! I know it's not that big of a different, but it is to a body who used to get 4 hours of sleep and now gets almost 6! Saturday night they were up at 11, 2, 5, 8 and then up for the day at about 9!
Emery still loves tummy time, and is doing very good at it! She can not hold her head up, but I think she's getting pretty close! Emery can also tell my voice apart from others! Sometimes she is crying when someone is holding her, but if I come up to her and talk to her she calms right down. She is definitely more attached to me than she was last week, which sure is cute but just hard when I want to get things done! Emery still has trouble sleeping, and I nurse her to sleep every night and nap times. She doesn't particularly like eating, but she eats enough and I'm not worried about it.
Nolan is the opposite, he loves eating! He sometimes eats just for the sake of eating, I can tell he isn't hungry, he just wants comfort and likes the boob I guess! Nolan has longer periods of alertness than last week, but he still loves sleeping! He can fall asleep anywhere and at any time. He has been making eye contact with me a lot this week, I can tell because his eyes focus on one thing (me) and don't move. I think he finally recognizes me as Mommy! I love my babies so much and can't believe how much they've grown :)
No comments:
Post a Comment