Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Update on the Sick Kids!

Hey everyone, long time no post! It's been so busy around here with my 6 kids. I have good news, though! The kids are finally better. It's been so crazy having sick kids, I hate when they are sick especially now that I have newborn babies.

Sunday night was a pretty good night for them, no one woke up throwing up. Gage woke up a few times because he was uncomfortable from his fever, but I'd rather have that than throwing up! Monday morning none of them went to school, and Jeff took off from work to help me out. Jeff took Adrian to school, while I fed the babies and the kids were still asleep. Braylie woke up feeling great, she had no fever but was still exhausted from being sick for a couple of days. She just relaxed for the morning and was able to eat! Jamie woke up with a low grade fever, it was almost 100. He ate a little something and then went back to sleep. Gage woke up with a fever still, but he was much better than the day before! He ate breakfast and didn't throw it up. Jeff spent the day with the sick kids, and I, of course, spent the day with Emery and Nolan!

Tuesday Braylie went back to school because she felt really good! I was so glad that she only missed one day of school, which was Monday. Jamie didn't have school Tuesday, so he would be home either way! He was doing good, he had no fever and seemed pretty much back to normal! Gage, on the other hand, still had a fever. I decided to take him to the doctor since his fever was persisting and medicine wasn't taking it down. I dropped the babies off at our babysitter's house for about an hour and a half while I went with Jamie and Gage to the doctor. Turns out, Gage has strep throat! The doctor also examined Jamie, since he was there, and the test came back negative. Gage started medication right away and felt better by this morning! (Wednesday)

Today, Jamie went to school although Gage didn't because the doctor said to keep him home until he had been on medication for at least 24 hours. He is doing good as of currently, and we are thinking about sending him tomorrow if he still wakes up with no fever and is feeling good! I'm just so thankful that Jeff or I didn't get sick, because that would have made this so much harder. Also, if I would have gotten sick the babies probably would have, and that would be terrible since they are only 1 1/2 weeks old! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment