Friday, April 25, 2014

Why we chose Emerson Rose and Nolan Lynden

When I announced the names Emerson Rose and Nolan Lynden, lot's of people wondered why we chose this name, because Emerson is unique as a girl's name and many of you have never heard of Lynden before!

We chose Emerson because I have always loved the name Emerson for a girl. I like unique baby names, and I like Emerson because it has a cute nickname, Emery. I think Emery sounds very feminine and pretty. Emerson means brave and powerful, and I like the idea of my little girl becoming brave, she will have to be growing up in the crazy family she is in! ;) Rose means flower, and it will add femininity to her name. I also think Emery Rose sounds adorable together, and we are thinking of calling her Emery Rose instead of just Emery.

We chose Nolan because Jeff and I have always loved the name Nolan, and it was our backup choice when Gage and Jamie were both born. Nolan means noble, and our baby will grow up to be a very noble man! I absolutely loved the name Lynden, but Jeff wasn't so keen. He thought it was too unique and didn't want to call his son Lynden. So, we compromised and decided Lynden would be the middle name! The name Lynden is taken from the trees and the flowers, and I want Lynden to love nature and spending time in the great outdoors :)

I hope this helps explain to everyone why we chose the names we did, and I really hope that you love them as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment