Hey guys! As I'm here waiting in the airport, I decided it would be fun with you all to share our nightly routine! Ever since the kids were babies, I believed strongly that nightly routines are very important for kids to feel comfortable going to sleep, and usually that's by having the same routine each night.
Our routine starts at around 7:00pm. Jamie is only 4, so I like to get him to bed early! First, he gets a bath. Jeff and I rotate giving him a bath. After his bath, I get him into his pajamas and read him his stories. I then get him some juice and rub him in his bed until he falls asleep! Jamie almost always sleeps the whole night through, except some times he gets up to go to the bathroom, and he always wakes me up because he doesn't like going to the bathroom by himself! He is still terrified of the flush.
Gage takes his shower or bath, depending on the night, around 7:45. Then I get him dressed and he likes Adrian to read him stories. They have always had a connection and he loves when she reads to him! I usually put him to bed 8:15-8:30, depending on the night and how tired he is!
Around 8:00 while Gage is reading with Adrian, Braylie gets her shower and gets dressed for bed. She gets in bed around 8:30, but she reads in her room until 9 or a little after. You wouldn't think Braylie would like reading, what with her stubborn personality, but she loves to read! She begs to stay up late reading, and sometimes I let her stay up late because she loves her books so much. I'm so glad that at least one of my girls loves to read like me!
Adrian goes up to her room around 10:00, but she's usually on her phone or labtop until about 11. It may even be later than that, but I never know! I go up to my room to sleep around 11:30, and Jeff usually follows soon after. He likes getting a lot of work done at night when it's quiet, so he's usually up later than me.
No comments:
Post a Comment