Wednesday, April 23, 2014

First Full Day at Home with Twins!

Hey everyone, our first full day at home with the twins went surprisingly well! Last night was good, too! I put them to bed at the same time, and like clockwork they woke up every 2 hours! It was a good night, they woke up at 11, 1, 3, 5, 7, and then 9 for the day! I got about 4-5 hours of sleep, which is the most I have gotten so far since they were born, except for that one night Jeff let me sleep and took care of them for half the night! Anyway, Jamie woke me up at 6, so I got him breakfast and ready for the day. Adrian came out at 6:30, fully dressed and ready to go except for breakfast! I got her on the bus at 7 and then fed the babies while Jamie played in his room. Jeff watched Emery and Nolan while I woke up Gage and Braylie at 7:30. They got ready for the day and then had breakfast, and Jeff drove them to school at 8:15! Their school starts at 8:45. Jeff headed straight to work, he usually has to be there at 6 but got an exception to arrive at 9 so he can drive the kids to school! It's such a huge help to me!

Jamie goes to 3 day a week pre-school, but his school doesn't start until 10, and it goes until 3. By 9:30 the girls were fed (again!), changed, and in their carseat to drive Jamie to school! We got home and I put them down for their 10:00 nap. I am trying to get them on a schedule, up for the day at 9 and then nap at 10! They absolutely hate the car, so they never nap in the car like my other kids did. It's so stressful driving around when they are screaming in the back! They slept until noon, and I got a lot of work done! I unpacked all of my things and did a few loads of laundry, and did the dishes and vacuumed. I fed them again at noon, and then we had tummy time and play time around 2, until I put them to sleep in their car seats! Adrian got home at 2:30, and she stayed home with Emery while I took Nolan to pick up Jamie. Emery wasn't very happy in her carseat, but Nolan was fast asleep! I was so surprised when Nolan slept the whole way to pick up Jamie and then the whole way back! Gage and Braylie got home on the bus at 3:45, and then the babies were in their bouncers in the kitchen while the kids did their homework at the bar and I helped them while starting dinner. Jeff got home at 5:30, and he finished up dinner while I fed the babies again. We had a 6pm dinner, and Jeff played with Emery and Nolan while I did some work on my computer and then got Jamie ready for bed, and then Gage. After the kids were asleep, Adrian wanted to spend time with the babies, so she played with Nolan while I fed Emery and watched some TV to relax! I just put the babies to sleep for the night, and Jeff and I are going to relax together and then go to bed early to get as much sleep as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment