Friday, April 25, 2014

Emery and Nolan's 1 Week Update!

I can't believe that my babies are 1 week old today! This week has gone by so fast, I can't believe that a week ago I was all the way off the country in another state delivering my twins.

Emery has been having a good week! She was having trouble breastfeeding, but after a few days she got it down! She eats every about 3 hours and is starting to look a little chunky! We have tummy time every day, and she loves it! Obviously she can't hold her head up yet, but I can tell that her neck muscles are getting stronger and hopefully in a few weeks she will be holding her head up! Emery also has been able to recognize the different between Jeff or I, and a stranger. I will have one of my friends hold her when they meet her, and she usually cries! But, when she comes back to Jeff or me she quiets down. I think it is so cute how she is attached to us already :) She is currently needing to be nursed to sleep, because she has trouble falling asleep. We have tried rocking her, bouncing her, and so much more but only nursing works. 

Nolan has been having a good week too. He eats every 2 hours, and when he eats its for almost half an hour! He loves eating, and never wants to stop! I'm thankful that my milk supply is enough to supply milk for both of my babies, because I know some women don't produce enough milk. Nolan has tummy time every day, too, but he hates it! He cries and makes grunting noises whenever I put him on his stomach. He likes being held outward, so he can see everything. He hates being held against our chest, because then he can't look around! Nolan is the opposite with strangers than Emery, he doesn't mind it! He just lays content in their arms. He doesn't like being set down though, someone always has to hold him. Another good thing about Nolan is that he goes to sleep very easily! Jeff or I just need to bounce him and walk around and he will be fast asleep in minutes. I'm so thankful that he sleeps so easily!

We also had a 1 week doctor appointment for them this morning, and this afternoon I went to my 1 week postpartum visit! I will make a separate update for my visit. The twins visit went great! They are still very small for their age, just because they were born at 37 weeks. They aren't technically even "born" yet because their due date is May 15th! Our doctor said that their weight and height is good for 1 week old and that I have nothing to worry about but just let him know if nothing changes. I'm so grateful for two amazing, perfect, healthy babies! I couldn't ask for anything more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment