Tuesday, April 22, 2014

At Home!

I apologize for not posting the past few days, I have been so crazy busy! Easter was spent in the hospital, it wasn't fun at all. My parents came to the hospital for the morning before easter dinner, just to spend time with me! She watched the babies so I could nap for a few hours. I haven't been getting any sleep, as I mentioned in my last post. The babies aren't on any kind of schedule so it is tough. Yesterday we were released from the hospital at noon! I was so glad to get to my parents house, I missed living in a normal house. We spent the whole day packing though, which wasn't very fun! I went to bed super early, at 7pm! I was just so tired that Jeff let me sleep until midnight undisturbed and stayed up with the babies and fed them their bottles (pumped breast milk of course).

We woke up early this morning, to get all of the last minute things together! The girls actually had a pretty good night, they slept from 1am-5am, and then I fed them and they slept until 8! I was so glad that I got good solid sleep last night. We left for the airport around 8:30am, and arrived at 10am. We got through security by 11:15, and we boarded at 11:45! We had just enough time for me to feed the babies and get some lunch. The 5 hour flight went really well! I was nervous because they are only 4 days old, but it was surprisingly well! We were on the section of the plane with certified nurses and all other parents with babies under the age of one. Emery slept the first 3 hours of the flight, then I fed her and she was awake, content until we landed! Nolan slept for an hour, I fed him, and then he slept for another 2 hours and I fed him again! Nolan and Emery were both awake for the last 2 hours of the flight! They weren't crying, they were just looking around and cuddling with us. We made sure to put them to sleep before we landed though, because it's easier getting off the flight and all if they are asleep! I fed them one last time when we got in the car, and then they were both good for the next 2 hours!

The drive home is 1 hour and the last half hour wasn't good. Emery started screaming, and we figured out she had a poop explosion! It got all over her clothes, so we had to change her diaper and outfit. Her screaming woke up Nolan. He was sleeping peacefully, but once he was awake he wanted to eat. Emery ate too. After they were burped we got them back down and started to drive again. Nolan suddenly spit up all over and started fussing. I cleaned him up and tried to sooth him, but it's hard when I can't take him out of his carseat! Him and Emery were fussing the whole rest of the drive home, and I was so glad when we finally got home, around 6:30!

Currently, I just finished feeding the babies and put them down in their cribs for the first time since they were born! It feels so good to have them back home in LA with me, it's all starting to sink in and feel real! I also gave Jamie his bath and put him down to sleep. Now I'm just relaxing while Jeff brings everything in from the car! Gage is showering, and then Adrian will read him stories and I'll put him to bed. After they are sleeping, Braylie and Adrian are going to help Jeff and I unpack! We have so much to do, I'm sure it will be a late night, trying to get as much done as possible. Even though it means getting back into the swing of things (which means work :() I'm still so happy to be home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment