At my doctor appointment today, we got some big news! As you know, my doctor in California scheduled a visit with a doctor here to check on how the babies are doing.
This doctor said everything looked okay, and the babies were each normal weight for 36 weeks. She decided to check me, just to see. Turns out, I am 2 cm dilated! I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions, but they haven't been painful and I know it was normal. Apparently, the doctor thinks that maybe they weren't Braxton Hicks, and they were real contractions! She said I can not travel, so I'm having this baby in Florida! She thinks they won't be here for another few days, since my water hasn't broken and I can't even feel the contractions much, but she doesn't want to risk flying. I contacted my doctor and let her know, and she thinks the best idea would be to stay here and put me on bed rest! I know that the babies would be okay being born now, but they aren't technically full term until 37 weeks.
I'm a little upset that I will have to have the babies in Florida, I really wanted them to be born in California, but at least this way my mom will be here for the birth. I'm doubt they will be here by Sunday when we were supposed to fly out. Jeff is obviously staying here with me until they are born, but I am not sure about the kids! I don't want them to miss school, but I obviously don't want them to miss the birth of their baby siblings!
Oh my goodness! This is so exciting! I totally understand that you're a little upset about things, but I know it will all work out for the best! Keep me updated!
ReplyDeleteThanks steph, I will! :) how are you doing with the pregnancy?
ReplyDeleteGreat! Lots of discomfort(as expected), but I'm really making these last couple weeks count! I can't wait to meet my baby though!
ReplyDeleteSame here! Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and since this will be my last I want to cherish every minute of it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes, the kids are so excited and can't wait! :)
ReplyDelete